A Recap Of The Discovery Ford 2018 Mustang ShowApr 10th, 2020
On Saturday June 23, 2018 we hosted our annual Mustang Show at Discovery Ford. The event was organized by Preowned Sales Representative, Ezio D’Ignazio with proceeds supporting Carpenter Hospice. Carpenter Hospice is a home in the heart of Burlington that offers both residential-based care to people in the last stages of their lives, and community-based programs for people dealing with grief or a life-limiting illness.
Without Ezio’s commitment and leadership, we wouldn’t have been able to pull off such a successful event. Here are a few words from the man himself:
Mother Nature was not on our side for Saturdays Charity Mustang Show. However, It did not stop all of the volunteers and participants as they did such an amazing job for us on Saturday. I wish to thank you all for your care and consideration in making this show our highest donation to the Hospice of $2,279.00. I am still in awe of the hard work put forth by our volunteers and the generosity of our participants to make this such a success.
A very special “Thank You” to Karina Gould, MP for Burlington in taking the time to visit our Charity Mustang show, absolutely a terrific person.
Karen Candy, Executive Director for The Carpenter Hospice brightened the day with her lovely personality, hard work and dedication. Thank you so much Karen for taking the time to participate.
A special thank you to Angelo Paletta. His Ford GT is amazing and so are his beautiful Mustangs.
A big “Thank You” goes out to all the local companies that donated to our Silent Auction. This was truly an integral part of our success.
– Ezio D’Ignazio, Sales and Leasing Consultant, email@example.com
Ezio & Karen Candy, Executive Director for The Carpenter Hospice
Our People’s Choice Winners:
Congratulations to John Chutko with his 1967 Red Mustang Convertible, (People’s Choice Winner, Category: 1964 to 1973 ) and Alan Harrington with his 2016 Mustang GT Coupe Stage 2 Roush, (People’s Choice Winner, Category: 1975 to current).
Both winners will be at our booth in the Downtown Burlington Car Show Saturday July 7th.
Other prize winners include:
The winner of the 50/50 draw was Sly Gauthier member of the GHMA, along with volunteering his time. He donated his winnings back to the Hospice. Thank you Sly for your generous donation.
Greg Renzetti was the happy winner of the SiriusXM Boombox and one free year subscription.
John Siderius won the 50 “ flat screen tv donated but Discovery CSN Collision. John was very helpful in volunteering his time to acquire beautiful products from our neighbours for our Silent Auction.
Donna Barker was the recipient of our Givenchy $500.00 gift basket! Special thanks to Nellie Resendes for her generous donation of the Gift Basket and giveaways by GIVENCHY.
Special Thanks and Honourable Mentions:
- to Ron Baker of Driven Marketing for his strong support of our fund raiser.
- to Michael Briks who also was very generous with his time to collect some terrific products and also organized the Silent Auction for us. Thank you for a job well done.
- Thanks to our Customers and GHMA members who brought their Mustangs to display.
- John Chutko, John Siderius, Mike Jones, Dante D’Ignazio, Patricia D’Ignazio, Grace Dann, Lisa Double, Debbie Serneels, Jim Findley, Brenda Barker all worked very hard during the show.
- Thank you to Jan Pederson of Jan’s DJ Service for the terrific music and commentary. (A little tougher in the rain, you rock!)
- Pat’s Party Rentals was great in providing some of our necessities.